The United States closing borders against travellers with Hubei travel history within 14 days
- USA Gov Twitter @TravelGov
Travel Advisory Update: Level 4- Do not travel due to novel coronavirus first identified in Wuhan. On 1/30 the WHO determined the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of Int’l Concern. Those in China should consider departing using commercial means.
- Trump imposes travel restrictions, mandatory quarantines over coronavirus outbreak - CNBC News (2020-01-31)
Azar, speaking to reporters at the White House, also said that any U.S. citizens who have been in China’s Hubei province — home of Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus — within the last 14 days “will be subject to up to 14 days of mandatory quarantine to ensure they’re provided proper medical care and health screening.” Also starting Sunday, U.S. citizens returning from other parts of mainland China will also face screenings and two weeks of monitoring and self-quarantine.
- Trump Administration Restricts Entry Into U.S. From China
Officials said any American citizen returning to the United States from the Hubei Province in China, where the outbreak is centered, would be subject to up to 14 days of mandatory quarantine. Any American returning to the country who has visited the rest of mainland China within the last 14 days will undergo proactive health screening at selective ports of entry. The government also imposed a two-week quarantine on 195 people who were evacuated on Wednesday from Wuhan, China, to a California military base.
- Coronavirus: US and Australia close borders to Chinese arrivals - BBC News (2020-02-01)
- Philippines reports first death of coronavirus patient outside China; border restrictions intensify as outbreak takes root around China and across globe - The Washington Post(2020-02-01)
- US bans travellers from China as coronavirus toll spikes - Al Jazeera (2020-02-01)
- Airlines scramble to enforce new coronavirus travel restrictions in ‘imperfect system’
- Trump Defends Closing Borders to Travelers to Fight Coronavirus